Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Phinehas Stood Up and Intervened

Psalm 106:30-31
December 13, 2015



Psalm 106:30-31 - But Phinehas stood up and intervened and the plague was checked.  This was credited to him as righteousness for endless generations to come."

In Number 25:11-13 - Lord said to Moses, Phinehas has turned my anger away; for he was as zealous as I am for my honor so that  I didn't put an end to them.  Therefore, I am making my covenant of peace with him and his descendants because he was zealous for the honor of His God and made atonement.

Dissecting the scripture in Psalms 106:

BUT - means "unless"; if not; without the circumstance that; otherwise than

STOOD UP - means to "rise up"; to take a position; to remain firm; steadfast as in a cause; to take up a position for a cause or issue

INTERVENED means to come between; occur incidently so as to modify or hinder; interfere with force

RIGHTEOUSNESS - means quality of state of being; just or upright; upright, morality; virtuous; acting in upright and moral way.

ZEALOUS - devoted; diligent, eager, passionate; warm


In this scripture, one must question the Lord "So just as Phinehas... what do you want me to do?  How do I pray?  What cause do I intervene?  I will stand up for your cause.

If God is for us, who can stand against us? Romans 8:31

Our God is greater, stronger than any other.. Our God is powerful, awesome in power

Let me honor you in all I do.  My honor is to worship God, the Supreme Being

Let me be zealous for your honor.  Let me delight in God's Word.  

Jeremiah 15:16 When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name O Lord God Almighty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment