Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I Am Willing"

Mark 1:40,41 - A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, "If you are willing, you can make me clean."  Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!"

As I read this passage, I can't help but be filled with awe as I read Jesus's response. "I am willing"  When we bring our unclean lives to Him, He is "willing" to forgive us and make us clean!!  When we ask God to help give us strength to face hard times so often we hear Jesus speak... "I am willing" and then He gives us exactly what we need to help us at that very moment.  How many times has Jesus been "willing" to provide for my needs when I come before Him and ask Him?  More times that I can recount!!   You also see that Jesus was filled with compassion and reached out His hand to the man and touched him.  Jesus is so full of compassion that He reaches for us at times that we may be unclean or need a special touch from Him.  He is always "willing" to provide for our needs.   I am so thankful the Lord has been willing to forgive, cleanse my heart and provide for my needs. 

But then as I look at this scripture, I wonder... How many times have I been "willing" to do what Jesus asks?  Ashamedly I have to say not many.  May I learn to be "willing" to serve Him when He asks.  May I be willing to come before Him and receive His forgiveness and receive His salvation so that I, in turn, can be "willing" to show forgiveness and show His salvation to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment