Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chosen, Summoned and Witnesses

Isaiah 43:1:  "I have summoned you by name; you are mine."   Isaiah 43:10 " You are my witnesses, declared the Lord and my servant whom I have chosen."

Looking at these 3 words, I searched the dictionary for clarity of their meaning.

Summoned means to call upon to do something specified.
Chosen means "selected"
Witnesses means to see, know by personal presence, to testify, give evidence of

As I look at these scriptures, I am in awe that the God of the universe would summon me by name.  That He would choose me and call upon me to do something specified for Him.  That He would want me to testify and show evidence of what He has done for me personally.  As I reflected on these words, I am reminded that God doesn't want me to preach a sermon to others but just to share with others what God means to me and what He has done for me personally.

 To see the words, "whom I have chosen".  What do those words mean to you? That God would "select" me to do something specific for Him.  Whew!!  What an awesome responsibility but also what a wonderful feeling that God chose me for Him.  What a wonderful Savior we serve!!

 God is so faithful in giving to us.  I must share with you a story from my grandson (out of the mouths of babes, God teaches us)  We were driving back from the Discovery Center and he said, "Nani, God just spoke to me and said, You get and get and get, what are you going to give?"  God gives to us in more ways than we can count.  God has chosen and summoned us to "give" our lives to Him and be witnesses for Him. To give our testimonies of what God has done for us.   What will we "give" for Him?  Will we "give" our testimonies to others? 

Thank you God for choosing us and selecting us to give to others and to share our lives with others.   Thank you God for calling upon us to do the specific tasks you have given to us.  Help us to be open to you and open to share with others about You.  Help us to share the many blessings you give us daily with those who need to hear it today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment